Trying to figure out how to lose weight fast and permanently can be confusing and overwhelming. But if you want to lose weight fast, and care about your health, you definitely need to know how to lose weight without pills or starvation.
In my experience, weight loss isn’t just about the food. You also need to address other areas of your life as well. Here's my 10 step plan for how to lose weight naturally. It starts with these basics:
• Set your intention and commit to it
• Eat only healthy foods
• Remove empty calories
• Daily exercise
And while slow weight loss tends to be more permanent, it's still definitely possible to lose weight fast. But how fast is fast and how fast is safe?
10 Steps for How to Lose Weight PermanentlyYou could lose 5 kilos of water weight your first week. But that's not fat. It takes approximately 3,500 calories to add or subtract ½ kilo of body fat. So for each 500 fewer daily calories, you lose about 1/2 kilo a week.
1. Eat small meals more often. Eating every 3 hours helps keep blood sugar stable, avoids food cravings and helps you make healthier choices.
2. Keep a daily record. Tracking food intake, exercise, symptoms and emotions in a weight loss journal keeps you aware, accurate and accountable.
3. Have a weight loss plan. Learning how to lose weight fast, safely and healthily is a major project that takes time management, organisation and focus.
4. Include more daily fibre. By filling up on high fibre foods that are low in calories, you can satisfy your hunger and feel full on less food.
5. Exercise and be more active. Physical activity burns calories and builds muscle. Since muscle burns more calories than fat, including exercise and weight training into your lose weight fast plan will help you lose weight faster.
6. Drink pure filtered water. A high water intake fills you up, hydrates you, carries nutrients to cells and detoxifies your body. So drink at least 8 glasses a day.
7. Choose the healthiest foods. Studies show a lower calorie, nutrient dense diet is much healthier. The healthiest foods include:
• Plenty of fresh vegetables and a couple of pieces of fruit daily
• Good quality protein foods
• Whole grains like brown rice and quinoa
• And enough healthy fats with limited bad fats
8. Avoid sweet and salty foods. Salt and sugar cause water retention and food cravings. Stick with foods naturally low in sodium and low glycaemic foods.
9. Stop feeding your emotions. Hunger is generally not the cause of overeating. Emotions are. So to lose weight fast (or slow) it's absolutely necessary to learn how to stop emotional eating and overeating.
10. Keep your eyes on the prize. On the battleground for how to lose weight fast, it's "Lose Weight" vs "Eat What I Want." To win the battle, make "lose weight" the stronger opponent through visualising yourself at your desired weight and how good that feels.
And that's it! Now you know how to lose weight fast and safely without pills or potions. But to lose weight fast and remain healthy you still need to put these 10 steps into action. It works when you do!
If you are looking for permanent, healthy weight loss then my online weight loss program will take you through all the above aspects. Read more here >>